Troops neutralize terrorists, rescue hostages in Borno

Rescued victims

Troops of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) have recorded another operational success following a well-coordinated offensive against terrorist elements in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State, leading to the rescue of kidnapped civilians.

Media Information Officer, Headquarters Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI, Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba, confirmed this in a statement issued on Sunday in Maiduguri.

Lt. Col. Uba said In the early hours of 4 January 2026, troops, in collaboration with the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), engaged terrorists at a known crossing point along the Sojiri axis.

He said during the encounter, five terrorists were neutralised without any casualty to own troops, underscoring the professionalism, precision, and combat effectiveness of the security forces.

Additionally, he said the troops successfully rescued three civilians who had been abducted by the terrorists. Items recovered during the operation included AK-47 rifles and other sundry materials.

“The successful operation highlights OPHK’s sustained commitment to aggressive offensive actions against terrorist elements while prioritising the protection of civilians.

“It also underscores the importance of effective collaboration with local security stakeholders in degrading terrorist capabilities.

“Troops’ morale remains high, and security forces continue to dominate the operational environment across the Theatre despite the evolving security dynamics. Operation HADIN KAI remains resolute in its mandate to dismantle terrorist networks and restore lasting peace and stability in the North East region”, he said.